In which I answer a few questions that have dogged me for a while.
- How did Mr. Peanut become a major character in your art?
- You have a painting titled Gold, Oil, Drugs. What was the drug reference there?
- What are your thoughts on cannabis prohibition?
- When you create art, what tends to be the common inspiration? Do you visualize something first or is it a political or social idea that provides the spark?
- You ran the Museum of Contemporary Art—Washington, D.C. in the ’90s. What was it like doing very progressive, very political art in the capital?
- How was the D.C. art scene?
And more >>